- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Enter Your Name, E-mail Address, Password, and password confirmation.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address.
- Select either IMAP or POP3 for your Account Type. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Incoming mail server mail.yourdomainname.com Outgoing mail server (SMTP) mail.yourdomainname.com IMAP Incoming mail server mail.yourdomainname.com Outgoing mail server (SMTP) mail.yourdomainname.com
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and selectRemember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- NOTE: Some ISPs like COX and COMCAST block other SMTP servers, if this is the case you can use the following: Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 583. Then, click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Modified on: Thu, 12 Jul, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.